Week 14:
Outright = 9-7
Spread = 7-8-1
SFBOTW = 0-1
Waffle + Ralph = 0-0-1
Overall:
Outright = 131-78
Spread = 112-94-3
SFBOTW = 6-7-1
Waffle + Ralph = 3-0-1
Bengals @ Eagles +3
Interesting one as one of these won and one lost, and not the way round many expected those results to fall. Whilst the Bengals failed to win against the Cowboys it was still close, and whenever you have a team pushing for a WC spot this late on you have to back them over one who's season is all but meaningless.
Bengals -3
Giants @ Falcons -1
Eli late on in the season as the underdog, against a team that just lost to the Panthers, with everything on the line for NY? As much as dislike the man, I can't not pick him here.
Giants +1 (and to win)
Broncos @ Ravens +3
Tough one as I think the Ravens are still a quality side, and can give anyone a run for their money at home. Peyton though is a cut above, and it's very hard to not go with Denver with the form they're in. I'll double down on the brothers Manning.
Broncos -3
Packers @ Bears +2.5
The Pack demolished Chicago earlier this season. Even away and with a few injuries I don't see the record being changed here.
Packers -2.5 SFBOTW!
Redskins @ Browns +6.5
The 'skins are playing some great football right now, and whilst I like the Browns to make this competitive I think they should manage a TD.
Skins -6.5
| Pretty fly for a white guy |
Colts @ Texans -8.5
Tough one, as I'm not as hot on Indy as everyone else in the world seems to be. However, Houston just lost big so I'll take a healthy 8 and a half and hope for some more 4th quarter magic from Luck.
Colts +8.5 (Texans win)
Jags @ Dolphins -7
The Jags just lost to the Jets, but with two poor teams I'll always take the points, even if the match-up isn't favourable at all.
Jags +7 (Dolphins to win)
Buccaneers @ Saints -3
Tricky one with both teams coming off tough losses. I can't decide so I'll leave it to Waffle and Ralph to bounce back with a W:
Shocking controversy here as Waffle confidently picks Tampa but Ralph clearly prefers NO. We'll go with Waffle's selection as he has been the chief chooser so far (and I'm not even sure Ralph would come out the cage if he didn't first)... but this could be a worrying sign for their team unity.
Buccaneers +3 (and to win)
Vikings @ Rams -3
AP is an absolute beast. I can only see one winner here, even if the Rams have hit a mini vein of form.
Vikings +3 (and to win)
Lions @ Cardinals +6
The Lions have been struggling to win games of late, but haven't been playing terrible football. The Cardinals, on the other hand, have the worst offence in the league right now.
Lions -6
Seahawks @ Bills +4
After an epic blow out of the Cardinals I've got to ride with the Hawks, surely even a cross country trip can't slow down this freight-train?
Hawks -4
Panthers @ Chargers -3
Winning at this point just increases the slim chance of Norv keeping is job. I almost want us to lose, but can see us grabbing a tight victory and ultimately finishing 8-8, missing out on the playoffs on a tie-breaker just like last year.
Chargers -3
Steelers @ Cowboys No Spread
Interesting match-up, and I'm undecided here. The Cowboys are on a hot streak, but surely it's just a matter of time before they shoot themselves in the foot? The Steelers just got beat down by the Chargers (lol) so it should be another even encounter. I'll side with the home team but with some huge reservations.
Cowboys
Chiefs @ Raiders -2.5
A very un-sexy match-up between two of the worst in the league. I'll go with the hosts, but it could tip either way.
Raiders -2.5
49ers @ Patriots -6
Tough one to call. I like the match-up SF give the Patriots, and I think this could be a thrilling encounter and potential SB preview. Two big games in as many weeks is hard to prepare for, and whilst I think NE should squeeze it I'll take the points.
49ers +6 (Pats to win)
Jets @ Titans -1
Who knows who is going to win this 'prime-time' game, all I know is nobody will be watching.
Titans -1
Brand NEW FEATURE: Long term prospects!
I'm including a new little spot here, LTP. These could be divisional winners, Super Bowl winners, or at the start of the season a team's projected win/loss over/under. Basically anything that catches my eye, for example 2 weeks ago I laid a nice double on the Packers and Ravens to win their divisions which pays 3/1.I won't be keeping a strict record of these like I do with my spreads etc. but will keep track of their progress.
SB winners:
Right now you can get some big odds on some teams that should make the post-season, and as we all know once we get to that stage anything can happen.
I think these 3 are all worth sticking a couple on if you want somebody to cheer for come January due to the team you support being a bunch of over-paid idiots:
Baltimore = 23.00 (£1 = £23.00) - The Ravens were a Cundiff miss away from the big dance last year, and whilst they've hit a dip in form they are good value here. However it's definitely worth waiting till after they lose to the Broncos when the odds will get even better (but they'll still win the AFC North).
Chicago = 41.00 - O-line issues but as they say D-fence wins champs
Washington = 34.00 - Outside chance for sure but they have a real shot of making the post-season and are a danger for any team.
Compare those to say Seattle who are a fairly generous 21.00, or worse still NYG at 13.00 and I think they are quite favourable. I still expect one of the big 5 (Pats, Texans, Broncos, 49ers, GB) to take the Lombardi, but at outside odds those 3 are nice value.
As always, good luck!
*Odds accurate as of 11/12/12. LTP via skybet*
No comments:
Post a Comment