Week 14 was very solid at 11-5 outright and 9-7 on the spread for a second week in row, if I keep this going it will be a very respectable finish. Unfortunately my SFBOTW lost for a second week running, so there's that.
Week 15... just 3 games left in the NFL regular season (sniff), but the consolation is we have some great match ups to look forward to.
Week 14:
Outright = 11-5
Spread = 9-7
SFBOTW = 0-1
2013/14:
Outright = 134-75
Spread = 104-101-4
SFBOTW = 8-6
Animal Corner = 3-1
All Time:
Outright = 289-161
Spread = 235-208
SFBOTW = 16-14-1
Animal Corner = 7-3-1
Thursday Night
Chargers @ Broncos -10.5 Sky Sports 1
Oh baby, the big one. A win here for San Diego could be the start of a wild card push, a loss will see them out of the running barring some real luck. If this was a week or two nearer the end of the season the Broncos could consider resting Manning ahead of the playoffs, but it is still too early to think that would be the case here. The short week won't do Peyton's bum ankle any favours, but even despite that and the must win implications for San Diego I can't see them pulling off the upset here.
The spread, as they say, changes everything. In a Thursday night divisional game with everything on the line I like SD to push them within 10.5.
Chargers +10.5 (Broncos to win)
Sunday First Wave
Redskins @ Falcons -7
With the Redskins potentially benching RG3 for the rest of the season to avoid injuries in meaningless games, it is going to be hard for them to motivate themselves for this one. Even though the Falcons don't have much to play for themselves, and the Cousins factor could be a wild card, I think Atlanta have this one.
The spread is fairly hefty, so I think I'm going to flip flop over to the 'Skins here.
Redskins +7 (Falcons to win)
Bears @ Browns +1
Chicago comfortably handled the Cowboys last week, whereas the Browns blew a huge lead in their loss to NE. Even in Cleveland I like the Bears to pull this one off, even with Josh Gordon having the kind of year that proves he belongs on any team but this one.
Negligible spread is negligible.
Bears -1
Texans @ Colts -5.5
The Texans lost to Jacksonville, and will likely have the 1st overall pick in April. Pretty shocking stuff, and right now they are probably more concerned with their coaching situation than travelling to play their divisional rivals. All this means that I can't see them pulling off a result here, even if Indy have fallen off the pace a lot in recent weeks.
The spread is meaty but nothing they can't handle at home. I repeat, Houston just lost to the Jags.
Colts -5.5
Bills @ Jaguars +2
Despite what the above might indicate, I'm not suggesting the last few weeks have been just down to their opponents ineptitude. Jax are actually performing quite well, not well enough to make any difference at this late stage, or keep Henne his job, but just well enough to play themselves out of the top pick. Good job guys, you can't even tank a season properly. I think they continue that trend here against a very lack-luster Buffalo squad.
Again, a paltry spread that only provides a light seasoning.
Jaguars +2 (and to win)
Patriots @ Dolphins +2 Sky Sports 2
Ruh roh. The Patriots have lost Gronk. Terrible news for NE fans, and it's really quite amazing how they have gone from having the best TE situation in the league to one of the worst, all in a matter of months. All that aside, I still think they'll win against Miami in a crux divisional game that should see them lock up the division and send the Dolphins' playoff hopes back a notch.
Small spread changes nada.
Patriots -2
Eagles @ Vikings +4.5
Philly overcame both the Lions and some crazy weather to grab another win last week. At this point it's looking like they are going to steal the divisional title away from Dallas, even if Foles has finally hoisted his first INT. The Vikings aren't to be trifled with though, especially after their thrillingly close loss last week, but I still think the Eagles have enough here.
The spread does give me some cause for concern, but I like their offence to get back on track with the return of more hospitable conditions.
Eagles -4.5
Seahawks @ Giants +7
Seattle ran the Niners close, but ultimately lost out, showing once again they are a far weaker team on the road than in the cacophonous Century Link field. The Giants however, also suffered a nasty defeat on the West Coast to the Chargers, and really there is only one way this one is going. Seattle's defence are going to have a field day and I'm expecting at least 3 picks from Eli.
Large spread but nothing they can't handle.
Seattle -7
49ers @ Buccaneers +5
Coming off their crucial win over Seattle, the Niners should be more than the Buccs can handle. That said, Tampa having improved dramatically from their early season woes and stranger things have happened...
The spread is fair, I still like the Niners to beat it though.
49ers -5
Sunday Second Wave
Jets @ Panthers -11
The Jets were impressive against the Raiders, whereas the Panthers looked lost at times in New Orleans. Of course, this will be a much easier test for the home side here, and I expect them to win very comfortably.
11 points is perhaps a little too rich even for me. Will the Panthers win? Almost certainly, but I'm not convinced it will be that clear cut.
Jets +11 (Panthers to win)
Chiefs @ Raiders +4
The Chiefs just single handedly (well maybe not, but they were the final straw) benched RG3 for the rest of the year. The Raiders just made the Jets look good. This is only going one way, even in Oakland.
The spread is nowhere near enough, rolling hard with this bad boy.
Chiefs -4 SFBTOW
Saints @ Rams +6
New Orleans showed up Carolina at home, but even with Clemons under center the Rams won't be pushovers. I do like the Saints to win this going off their ridiculously good form though.
The spread makes this interesting. Very loath to call this either way but will have to side with the Saints here.
Saints -6
Cardinals @ Titans +2.5
Nice match up here between two teams both on the outside of playoff hopes. I like Arizona to come in and win this one, the Titans have fallen off the pace recently and the Cards have been putting together some very solid performances.
2.5 doesn't make me balk much.
Cardinals -2.5
Packers @ Cowboys +7 Sky Sports 2
The Cowboys' defence got absolutely shredded by the Bears, something they must be getting used to after their recent performances. Their offence is still deadly though, and with Rodgers and Lacy both questionable to play this could swing either way. I'll side with the home team to grab a tight win here.
The spread is large enough to assuage any doubts.
Cowboys +7 (and to win)
Sunday Night
Bengals @ Steelers +2.5
Divisional game, but the Steelers' playoff hopes were basically dashed by a large toe last week. The Bengals however need to win the hold off the Ravens, and that's exactly what they'll do here.
The spread doesn't scare me.
Bengals -2.5
Monday Night
Ravens @ Lions -6
Big Monday night game in which both desperately need a win. This should be a classic shootout, with both teams operating at a high level, especially with the return of Pitta bolstering Baltimore's passing options. I like the Lions to grab the W here, but it should be a close one.
The spread is enough to swing me.
Ravens +6 (Lions win)
No comments:
Post a Comment