Week 16 looks like a tough one, but we need to make the most of it... football season is almost over *sad face*
Week 15:
Outright = 8-8
Spread = 11-5
SFBOTW = 1-0
2013/14:
Outright = 142-83
Spread = 115-106-4
SFBOTW = 9-6
Animal Corner = 3-1
All Time:
Outright = 308-174
Spread = 255-220-7
SFBOTW = 17-14-1
Animal Corner = 7-3-1
No Thursday Night football this season, more's the pity. I know most players hate it, but it sure is a nice little midweek treat.
Sunday First Wave
Dolphins @ Bills +2.5
The obvious choice here is Miami. Their win at the weekend over NE puts them in a great position to make the post-season with a much easier schedule than Baltimore. They should handle the Bills here to bolster their wildcard bid, but I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo sprung an upset coming off a road win.
The spread is small enough for me to stick with the 'Phins, but I have my doubts.
Dolphins -2.5
Saints @ Panthers -3
Very interesting to the see the Panthers the favourites in this one after the way their last encounter played out. Whilst I'm expecting a much more back and forth game in this one, I still think New Orleans will take it.
The spread sweetens the deal.
Saints +3 (and to win)
Vikings @ Bengals -7.5
The Vikings impressed in their victory over Philly, whereas the Bengals lost out to a much more physical performance from Pittsburgh (I'm not just talking about that punt). I like the Bengals to grab this one, but it should be a close affair.
The spread makes this a fairly easy decision.
Vikings +7.5 (Bengals to win) SFBOTW, I guess...
Broncos @ Texans +10.5
This should be an open and shut case, all things considered. Despite their slip up to SD, Denver are still one of the very best teams in the football. Houston are not.
Ooh. Big spread but I'm expecting a Broncos team eager to wash the bad taste out of their mouth.
Broncos -10.5
Titans @ Jaguars +5.5
Divisional clash that will be a lot tighter than it would have been near the beginning of the season. Jacksonville are definitely on the right track even given their narrow loss to the Bills, whereas the Titans despite a close game lost out at home to 'Zona. I like Tennessee to win, but it is anyone's game.
The spread makes me favour the Jags here.
Jaguars +5.5 (Titans win)
Colts @ Chiefs -7
Kansas City just torched the Raiders thanks to a career day from Jamaal Charles. Now, I'm not expecting another performance like that from the stud RB (sorry fantasy owners), but he, and the Chiefs, should still put on a decent show versus a very hit and miss Colts outfit.
The spread is very attainable for the Colts, who just kerb stomped the Texans.
Colts +7 (Chiefs to win)
Browns @ Jets -2.5
Eww. This is not a fun game to call, not even a little bit. Both of these teams just lost in fairly close games to better teams, but really we're scraping the NFL's barrel here. I guess I'll side with home side, all other things being basically equal. The Jets' big boys up front should force the Browns to throw, which is always entertaining (not that NY are much better in that department).
The spread is so small I'll stick with the Jets.
Jets -2.5
Buccaneers @ Rams -5.5
Interesting one, as the Rams shocked the Saints last week. I like the home side to continue their high level of play and hand Tampa another loss here, but I wouldn't be shocked if this went the other way.
The spread is moderate, but I'll stick with St. Louis.
Rams -5.5
Cowboys @ Redskins +2.5
The Cowboys at 7-7 still have a very good shot at winning their division with Philly's loss last week, even despite their own derptastic handing of the game to GB. Likely (and hopefully for those who are fans of watching Romo do Romo things) it will come down to their week 17 grudge match with the Eagles to decide the winner, but they'll need to win here first. Cousins looked pretty impressive against Atlanta, and shouldn't have a hard time in getting points versus a pathetic Cowboys' defence. Unfotunately the Skins aren't playing much better and are facing a dangerous offence. This will probably come down to who screws up the least, and Romo will save it all for when the world is watching next weekend.
The spread is, again, small enough to not have an impact for me.
Cowboys -2.5
Sunday Second Wave
Giants @ Lions -8.5
The Ravens really TUCKed (sorry) into the Lions' playoff hopes in a crushing loss on Monday, but luckily for them they're facing maybe the worst team in football right now. The Giants are just plain bad, with Eli frantically chasing the single season interception record. I actually fear for his life facing the Lions d-line behind some of the worst pass protection in football.
The spread is big, but NY are this bad.
Lions -8.5
Cardinals @ Seahawks -10.5
Divisional game which the Cards could really do with a win from to stay in the wildcard hunt (right now sitting just behind SF and Carolina). Despite their obvious quality they are playing in the one place you do not want to. Seattle haven't lost at home yet under Wilson, and they likely won't start now.
Big spread which swings me over.
Cardinals +10.5 (Seahawks win)
Steelers @ Packers NO SPREAD
Tough one to predict in advance with Rodgers questionable. I'll tentatively say he suits up this week, and the Packers win. Even with Flynn they have a good chance at home, the Steelers are getting back to their old selves but aren't as good as a sloppy Bengals' performance last week made them appear.No spread whilst we are on A-Rod watch, I'll update this later on, but give me the Packers whatever the spread is in case I forget.
Patriots @ Ravens -2.5
Big loss for the Patriots and they'll be keen to get back on track, but it won't be an easy game against a Ravens' squad just heating up at the right time (sounds familiar). They'll need to actually score some touchdowns to beat the Pats though, and I think NE will scrape this one and make life difficult for Baltimore in terms of the post-season.
The spread is an added incentive.
Patriots +2.5 (and to win)
Raiders @ Chargers -10
This game earlier in the season was the Chargers worst performance in a season of brutally narrow losses. They're basically out of the playoff hunt now as even with a 9-7 finish they are behind on tie-breakers to Miami and Baltimore. Coming off their massive and unexpected win @ Denver, they should handle a battered Raiders' squad comfortably.
The spread is big, and initially I was very tempted to take the Raiders, but I think the Chargers have improved massively since the last time they played.
Chargers -10
Sunday Night
Bears @ Eagles -3
The Eagles will be desperate to win this and put themselves out in front in the East following their slip up @ Minnesota, and even with Cutler back I think they have a very good chance at home. This should be a close one but one they are more than capable of putting away.
The spread doesn't swing me.
Eagles -3
Monday Night
Falcons @ 49ers -13
The Niners aren't home and dry yet, and need to win here to better secure their wildcard spot. Fortunately they're hosting Atlanta, so this shouldn't even be in question.
Spread is large so I'll flip this.
Falcons +13 (49ers win)
No comments:
Post a Comment